Muscle Foods for Men and Women
Diet and exercise are the two key elements when you try to build muscle. However, some foods differ from men to woman. It is important to know what kinds of food your body should react well to, and include them in your diet.
Foods for Men
Muscle building foods for men often contain high fats and protein along with chemicals that help increase testosterone. The foods they eat will also boost their calorie intake much farther than a woman’s calorie intake should ever be. Some of these foods include:
- Red Meat- Lean red meat in a good source of calcium, zinc, and protein. All these things are important to muscle growth.
- Eggs- Egg whites contain protein while the yolks have iron, vitamin B6, and even calcium. This is a great food for muscle growth.
- Fish- Fish like Salmon is great for building muscle because they are full of fatty acids and omega-3. You should try to eat fish two or three times a week when trying to build muscle.
- Chicken- Chicken breast is full of the proteins needed to build muscle.
- Milk- It provides you with calcium, vitamins, and some minerals.
- Water- Water helps transport nutrients throughout your body. Not to mention your body always needs a certain amount of water to live.
- Nuts- Contains unsaturated fats. Other good sources for unsaturated fats include things like nut butter, and olive oil.
- Vegetables- Things like spinach, tomatoes, carrots, and peppers should be included in your diet and eaten as often as possible. They contain nutrients needed to support muscle growth and your body
- Oatmeal- The complex carbohydrates will promote muscle growth, as well as give you the energy you need.
Things you should avoid include:
- Not eating regular meals
- Refined Carbohydrates such as sugar
- Food like white bread and potatoes (These have a high glycemic index.)
Foods for Woman
Some muscle building foods for woman are different from men, because women need different kinds of vitamins. For instance muscle building foods may contain more iron or calcium for woman. Some f these foods include:
- Egg Yolks- More nutrients are fond in the yolk of the egg than in the white. Some women don’t need the extra calcium in egg whites.
- Oranges- Contains vitamin C and Iron. Both of these are greatly needed for muscle growth. You can also buy orange juice with no added sugars.
- Oats- Gives you energy, and complex carbohydrates.
- Brown Rice- Gives you complex carbohydrates, and natural sugar. brown rice also helps give you energy and is healthier than white rice.
- Quinoa- An even healthier alternative to brown rice.
- Green Vegetables- These give you vitamins and nutrients important for muscle growth.
- Protein Powder- Most woman don’t get enough protein to build muscle in the food that they eat. These women should think of adding protein powder to some of the things that they eat.
- Organic Peanut Butter- You get the proteins needed to build muscle without the chemicals.
- Tuna or Salmon- Gives you fatty acid and omega-3. These are essential to muscle growth.
- Cottage Cheese- Provides calcium and casein proteins. Calcium is important for muscle growth while casein protein keeps you fuller for longer.
Some things to avoid include:
- Non-lean Meats- These will give you unwanted Fats
- Non-organic diet supplements- Chemicals found in non-=orgntic supplements can be counter productive
- Refined Carbohydrates
- White Bread
While the food men and woman both eat for muscle building is slightly different, they work the same way. However, it is important you remember what you can’t have. You can even talk to a dietitian who can help you decide what you shouldn’t eat when trying to build muscle.